If you are looking for an easier way to keep a neat closet, this list of organizing hacks for the closet will help.
Get easy hacks on how to organize your clothes so they last a long time.
Organizing your closet is one of those projects that tend to get overlooked. Maybe it’s because you feel that hangers are your only option for keeping your clothes streamlined.
I’m here to tell you that there are many more fun and easy ways to bring some organization to the area where you store the things you wear.
Try one or all of these hacks and transform your closet from chaotic to magazine ready in no time!
Organizing Hacks for the closet
Let’s face it; clothes are expensive. What used to cost us a few dollars for a pair of jeans now requires a small load just to buy a fashionable pair.
When you spend so much on the things you wear, it is important to store them in a way that will help your clothes to last. Today’s hacks are meant to do just that, gently store your clothes, shoes, and accessories so you can enjoy them for years to come.
Work to keep less for more space in your closet. You can incorporate a few tips from the pros like the 333 rule.
What is the 333 closet rule?
The 333 closet rule is a popular minimalism principle that suggests wearing no more than 33 items of clothing, shoes, and accessories in your closet over 3 months. This can help declutter your space by helping remove items that are rarely, if at all, worn.
Additionally, this approach encourages mindfulness when shopping for new items and encourages you to purchase only what you truly need.
Organizing Hacks For Clothes
Let’s start with your hanging clothes, spoiler alert…..not all hangers are created equal.
- Upgrade Your Hangers – Trade in your plastic hangers for velvet covered ones. This will help to eliminate the stretching of delicate material. Many of these hangers have room for scarves or belts, saving you space.
- Pants – Hang pants on these space-saving hangers that keep creases to a minimum.
- Sets – Use these magic hanger connectors to keep sets together. You can put slacks with a top allowing you to dress more quickly.
- Shortcut – Put a command hook in your closet to put your pajamas on.
Organizing Hacks for Shoes
Shoes can be one of the most challenging items to organize in a closet, but with a few simple hacks, you’ll have them looking great in no time.
- Sort – Keep shoes together like sneakers, dress shoes, and loafers. This will allow you to streamline your shoes efficiently.
- Shelves – You can have a shoe shelf on the floor for each category of shoes, or if you have the room, one large shoe shelf to hold them all.
- Hang them – If you are short on space, a hanging shoe organizer will really help, or you can use a large shoe organizer inside a door.
- Shortcut – Keep a small basket on your closet floor that holds your comfortable shoes. After a long day, you can quickly change out of your work shoes and into your sneakers in no time. This will keep your floor free of clutter and give you a shortcut on days when you are tired.
Organizing Hacks for Sportswear
Whether you’re an avid gym goer or just like to stay active, organizing your sportswear can be a cinch.
- Hang it up – Use hooks to hold the things you routinely use.
- Baskets – If you have a lot of sportswear, you can use baskets to hold like items. A basket for leggings, one for sweatshirts, and one for tank tops, for example. Use labels so, you know what belongs where.
- Pocket organizer – A hanging shoe pocket organizer works great for leggings and t-shirts.
Organizing Hacks for Hats
Hats can easily get out of control, but don’t worry – we’ve got ideas that will keep any baseball hat collection in check.
- Rack it – Utilize a door hat rack for an easy way to keep them organized.
- Shelf – Keep them on a shelf so they hold their shape.
- Boxes – Use hat boxes to hold dressier options.
- Accordian – Accordian hook systems work great and can be hung horizontally or vertically.
- Shortcut – Command hooks work great for the hats you wear routinely.
Organizing Hacks for Jewelry
Jewelry is one of the most difficult items to organize, but with the right storage containers, you’ll have it sorted out in no time.
- Wall options – Try using wall-mounted jewelry organizers for a space saving option.
- Shelf – If you have an open shelf, you can use a jewelry stand to hold your favorite pieces.
- Case – Keep valuables in a jewelry case for protection.
- Drawer – Use small organizers in a shallow drawer to hold earrings, clips, pins, and brooches.
- Double duty – Invest in a jewelry mirror.
By utilizing these organizing hacks for the closet, you’ll be able to cut down on clutter and create a space that is neat and orderly. With an organized closet, you’ll be able to easily locate items when needed and free up more time for the things that matter most.
Get creative with storage containers and designated areas for each type of clothing item. These small steps will make a big difference in your closet organization!